At some point, every frequent flyer has experienced the dreaded airport layover, whether it’s due to mechanical issues with the aircraft, weather, or being bumped from an overbooked flight. How do you handle an unexpected delay in your travel plans? Since anger does little to no good for anyone, your attitude and how you make use of your time can turn a normally unpleasant experience into a pleasant one.
Listed below are some helpful tips to surviving (and maybe even enjoying) an airport layover:
- Expect the unexpected and be prepared!
- Always pack reading material, laptops, hand held games, and chargers in your carry-on luggage.
- Purchase a one day airport Club Lounge pass -
- Many major airports offer Club Lounges where you can sit in a comfortable and quite environment, while having a snack or enjoying a drink.
- Visit airport museums and art displays -
- Take the time to view the amazing art that is displayed throughout the airport.
- Get some exercise -
- The airport is actually a great place to walk around and burn some calories without ever having to leave the building.
- Enjoy a good meal –
- Gone are the days of only having fast food as a dining option while at the airport. Our biggest and busiest airports now offer a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, including some big names such as Wolfgang Puck.
- Sleep and relax –
- Bring a travel size pillow and find a corner chair to take a nap. If you’re a sound sleeper, remember to set an alarm so you don’t miss your flight!
For more detailed information, please contact Montrose Travel at www.montrosecorporatetravel.com.
- by: Jeanne Johnston
- July 28th, 2016